This is an unordered list of some things that annoy me.
I may get round to putting it all in order, but probably not, because that annoys me!
- People using the phrase: "A quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog". The whole purpose of that phrase is that it uses every letter of the English alphabet.
Where is the 'S'?
It should say: "A quick brown fox JUMPS over the lazy dog".
- People using an English forum to ask difficult, technical questions about PHP when they have such a bad grasp of English that their question is rendered nonsensical. eg. "and what software went for testing local hosting in Dream Weaver for php testing?". I'm not having a pop at people that are learning English. I'm having a pop at people that are learning English and are not smart enough to realise that if their question doesn't make sense, neither will any answer they get.
- Writing a website for someone (in this case a free website) and getting it compliant to the latest web standards. The customer says it's great and exactly what they want. As soon as I release the site to them, they go changing stuff and breaking it's standards compliance. Why not just ask me to change the bloody photo album? It's all free ffs.
- Spam. Not email spam, I get some due to having a website, but I can live with that.
I'm talking about getting over 300 spam comments on my blog, almost instantly. I have disabled the comments while I work on a permanent fix but I shouldn't have to do any of this.
Just play nice, children.
- People that are too stupid to realise they are stupid.
- People posting questions on a web development forum asking "How to make a website responsive?". On it's own this question is fine, but when I visit their website and they claim to be 'responsive design specialists', it makes my blood boil!
It's a blatant lie and you are trying to con people!